Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

basilbrush1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2009
Hi,
I am running a Macbook 2.4GHz with 4GB of RAM and Snow Leopard.

I have an issue using Keynote 09.

I have created a presentation that has a m4v video playing in the background.
The video was the first thing I put in and was just placed on the slide and set to play when the presentatation starts.

The video starts at the beginning automatically and plays for the entirity of the presentation. The presentation is only 2 mins long. Over it are a number of different words all with various animations. There is also a music file playing in the background.

I have then recorded the show with manual timings and now when I play it in Keynote it runs smoothly from start to finish. The video continues to play and the transitions are smooth.

HOWEVER, when I then try and export the presentation as a Quicktime file I encounter a problem. The video starts initially at the beginning of the presentation but the minute any other animation kicks in the video freezes and does not restart. I have tried a large variety of export settings but to no avail. I have also spent time trawling the internet to try and solve this problem but no solution found.

Is anyone able to help? It is very frustrating. I need to export it because I need it as a movile file rather than a keynote presentation.

Thanks,
Dan

basilbrush1982

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2009
Hi,
I really need to know if it is possible to do what I'm trying to do or not.
Any one got any ideas?

Dan

tonygonzalez1

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2011
Did you figure it out?

Hi. I am having the same exact issue and I was wondering if you had a chance to figure it out?!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.