[ISSUE] Here we go again! GRAPHICS probs.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lightworker, Nov 12, 2010.

1. lightworker macrumors member

Apr 29, 2010
    So, after all the ass pain about freezing issues with my mid-2010 i7 15", by the way seems that with this new baby I got on May (i7 17") everything it's ok.
    I've had not much time to play with it, so I don't really know if freezing issues are going to appear again on this one.

Anyway, today I've installed last updates (OSX and EFI 1.9).
    And, guess what?

I don't know why and really when, but suddenly I've noticed that the screen (desktop) was "wavering" on some places, like a strange small ripple effect.
    Looking closer, I've discovered that in some places of the screen there where corrupted pixels (purple in majority) in a fashion way, wich is on the same background image contourns. I.e, I have the stones background, so all the stones were "bordered" by those corrupted blinking pixels, and some of the menus/pop ups and the top bar too.

I remembered a lot of previous threads about same kind of graphics issues and I thought: ok, here we're again Apple! I just can take it with philosophy! ;D

Buy hey, I just rebooted and by the way, everything is fine.

So I supose that the idea is to pretend that anything happened and be as happy as I can with this guy, but you know... I simply can't!

What to do right now? Take it to the genius or to Apple itself and wait for a repair/replacement and just wait for the next "super-dupper-amazing-surprising-issue"? Or I can finally get my ****in' money back and forget about ****in Macs for the rest of my life?

I don't know how I fell on this hoax...
    There was a time long time ago, when Apple was serious bussines. Right now... I just can cry.

2200 ****ing thousand dollars man. 2200$.
    And you have to ****in pray God on every reboot to achivie a fine running!
    My godness...

Sorry bout my temperament, but I'm just sad and tired about this.
  2. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

Feb 18, 2008
    You wait to see if it continues to do it. You have no need to take it right now.

It couldve been a simple graphic glitch. I wouldnt worry about right now.
    Enjoy your laptop. If it acts up, then take it in, when you can REPRODUCE It.