Issue: iMessage showing telephone number for contact stored

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by jaysen, Jun 4, 2013.

1. jaysen macrumors 6502

I recently picked up a Galaxy S4 and used my ip5 sim w/ adapter to test the phone out. After playing with it for a few days, I placed my sim back in my ip5. Prior to switching it out, my iMessage was working just fine however when I started using iMessage again I noticed one of my contacts was not showing the name but actual telephone number.

This is only happening with one of my contacts, who is also an iOS user (ip5). All other iMessages are showing their respective names... Any ideas?

I made certain the number showing up in iMessage is the same as the contact. Made certain there was no dual contact (name contact + a 2nd stored number only contact) but nothing seems to work...

Help?

2. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

have you tried deleting the contact entirely and re-entering it into the contact list.

3. jaysen thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes I have...

Deleted Contact, turned off imessage, restarted the phone, toggled my apple id - all nothing

4. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

when you tested out the galaxy, i assume your friend was someone you texted when you were using it? maybe his number is stored on the sim and somehow is messing this up.

does the issue go away when you turn imessage off and just SMS him instead or is it the same.

5. jaysen thread starter macrumors 6502

same issue - after i delete the old thread and start a new selecting the contact the number shows up in the thread

6. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

try deleting his contact again, send him a message using his number, then tap the top button that says add contact and try that.