Issue Installing Win7 with BootCamp with USB3.0 on MacBook pro 15'' late 2013

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ncsk, Jun 4, 2014.

1. ncsk macrumors newbie

Issue: See (title).
    regarding computer: MacBook pro 15'' retina late 2013.
    Specs: Intel Quad Core@2.0, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and Intel Iris Pro Graphics. (i.e., the standard 15'').

Mavericks: Version 10.9.3
    BootCamp (or BC for short): Version 5.1.2 (484)

Issue Breakdown
    I use BC to create a bootable usb with a win7 iso file. The creation finishes and the installation begins.

1. I get to choose language of win7 (It works fine).
    2. I get past some other pre setup screens.

3. The issue. I get to a screen with an error message that says that there is no CD/DVD or usb with the iso file. This is the part where if things go correctly I would choose the partition where to install win7, but instead I get that error.

So is there a solution to this? Someone else have had this problem and solved it somehow?

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Use a USB 2.0 flash drive.

3. ncsk thread starter macrumors newbie

Omg, is it really that easy? Why won't USB 3.0 work? Thanks for the quick reply I will try USB 2.0!

4. MacProCard macrumors 6502

I thought I read where that officially Win 7 wasn't supported on Bootcamp. Only windows 8. Then again I had all kinds of problem getting Win 8 installed on my nMP. Reseting the NVRAM/PRAM worked for me after I got an error message during the first install.

5. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

On the New Mac Pro only Windows 8/8.1 is supported. The OP here has a MacBook Pro, which will still work with Windows 7.

6. MacProCard macrumors 6502

Thanks for clarifying.