Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ncsk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2014
Issue: See (title).
regarding computer: MacBook pro 15'' retina late 2013.
Specs: Intel Quad Core@2.0, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and Intel Iris Pro Graphics. (i.e., the standard 15'').

Mavericks: Version 10.9.3
BootCamp (or BC for short): Version 5.1.2 (484)

Issue Breakdown
I use BC to create a bootable usb with a win7 iso file. The creation finishes and the installation begins.

1. I get to choose language of win7 (It works fine).
2. I get past some other pre setup screens.

3. The issue. I get to a screen with an error message that says that there is no CD/DVD or usb with the iso file. This is the part where if things go correctly I would choose the partition where to install win7, but instead I get that error.

So is there a solution to this? Someone else have had this problem and solved it somehow?

MacProCard

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2014
I thought I read where that officially Win 7 wasn't supported on Bootcamp. Only windows 8. Then again I had all kinds of problem getting Win 8 installed on my nMP. Reseting the NVRAM/PRAM worked for me after I got an error message during the first install.

saturnotaku

macrumors 68000
Mar 4, 2013
I thought I read where that officially Win 7 wasn't supported on Bootcamp. Only windows 8. Then again I had all kinds of problem getting Win 8 installed on my nMP. Reseting the NVRAM/PRAM worked for me after I got an error message during the first install.

On the New Mac Pro only Windows 8/8.1 is supported. The OP here has a MacBook Pro, which will still work with Windows 7.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.