Issue: Live Photos being saved as video

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by dialdn, Oct 22, 2016.

1. dialdn macrumors newbie

dialdn

Anyone else have issues with iCloud library? I just noticed that a bunch of Live Photos I have taken over the last few months have been converted to video with no photo. However, this is only an issue on my iPhone 7 plus (10.1beta5). It's fine on my iPad running iOS10.1beta5 as well as my iMac where the photos are stored as originals.

Very odd bug. I have turned iCloud Photos off a couple times and cleared the photos. When I turn it back on, they reappear. I have even wiped the phone and set up as a new iPhone and still an issue.

I am not sure when this happened so I can't say for sure it is 10.1 that is the issue. The problem does extend back to photos from June.

For now iCloud photos will remain off. Backing up using google photos and Dropbox.

2. dialdn thread starter macrumors newbie

dialdn

Issue resolved. It took 4 tries at turning iCloud off then before Live Photos now appears as photos. This all started with me trying to reduce the space that photos are taking up on my phone. Still at 30 gigs but better than it was.