[Issue] MacBook Pro TB light leakage around display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nik, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Nik, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016

Nik macrumors 6502a

Hi,
    when using the MacBook Pro in a dark environment and dark movie content etc. the light leaks around the edges! I attached a photo of the issue. Open a dark picture (black for the most obvious effect) and see the light leak at the outer edges of the display. This goes all the way around. :(

For such an expensive notebook this is a bummer in my opinion!

It is -not- a reflection. The light leaks next to the display.

Attached Files:

2. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Return it, obviously

3. intertialforce macrumors newbie

Yea unfortunately, I tried swapping out two units and they had the same issue. Maybe I have bad luck or most of them have the issue except for a few.

4. Nik, Nov 28, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016

Nik thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is ridiculous at those prices, isnt it?

I got my new MacBook Pro for ca 3,600 bucks and the lights leak around the display. The Touchbar has a very bad display resolution. The keyboard is extremely loud even though I am not hitting it hard. The new MacBook Pro is not totally silent anymore, you can clearly notice the fans on the 15" one all the time. The graphics are not smooth anymore, its worse than on my 13" MBP because of the slower Intel 530 and the higher resolution. Spotlight finished and I only got 4 hours of battery life when using it. Yes, I did the SMC reset. Yes, I reinstalled Sierra. For the very first time I do not feel that this product is worth its money, that never happened with an Apple product before.

5. Grolubao macrumors 65816

Grolubao

Just checked, mine has too, but it's very very small and again only when the screen is pitch black. Doesn't bother me

6. otternonsense macrumors 6502a

otternonsense

Just noticed it on my mid 2017 MBP too. FFS Apple and their lavatorial QA