issue restoring/unlocking iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by erethenbeiri, Oct 19, 2011.

1. erethenbeiri macrumors newbie

i am very new to the world of unlocking iphones but i was hoping to give it a go. I have purchased a tmobile sim card to use instead of my att card. recently, i was trying to restore and unlock my iphone 4 on my mac book pro. i selected the 4.3.5 firmware ipsw to restore my phone with before i ran redsnOw. i then received this message "the iphone could not be restored. the device is't eligible for the requested build". what does this mean and why cant i restore my phone? i am using an iphone 4 with 4.3.5 (8L1) and modem firmware 04.10.01. this is so frustrating.

thanx!

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

3. erethenbeiri thread starter macrumors newbie

what does this mean for unlocking my phone???:(

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

I don't know much of anything about unlocking, so I can't help any further.

I would caution you about doing an iOS5 upgrade, research baseband updates and unlocking before proceeding.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Even with the 4.3.5 (04.10 baseband) you still can't unlock your phone with software. The only way to unlock it is to use Gevey sim.

6. erethenbeiri thread starter macrumors newbie

so i see there are many Gevey sim cards out there. what would be the best one to purchase?