Carrier Issue returning 7+ to carrier

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Irock619, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Anybody having issues returning their phones? I returned mine the day after launch day of the 8 and it is still in transit. Now ATT is sending me text messages saying they haven’t received the phone and I could pay a fee.

2. QueenTyrone macrumors 6502a

QueenTyrone

My package I sent back to att is still being held at my post office and just got acceptance. So maybe your post office is late getting it out

3. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

I used the label Apple provided. I hope it’s fine.

4. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Do you have the tracking number that was provided by Apple?

5. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

yes it hasn't moved in over a week.

6. BigMcGuire Contributor

BigMcGuire

As long as you have the receipt showing that you dropped it off and they accepted it (they being the shipping company) - it is out of your hands. May have to call up Verizon for them to see this and make an exception so you don’t get a fee.

I used the Apple Upgrade Plan and got a receipt from FedEx when I dropped off my old phone. Took a day for movement, a day later, Apple received it and within a few hours, my return was accepted and old Citizens loan closed. So the whole return thing took about 3 days total including the day I dropped it off at around 5:00pm.

Hope you get this resolved. I was honestly super worried bout something like this happening when I returned my phone.

7. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

I dropped it in a USPS box inside the USPS building, never got a receipt. I do have tracking though saying it was accepted and sent to another facility, where it sits.

Screen Shot 2017-10-02 at 8.29.44 PM.png

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Just my opinion, but using the Postal Service in the past, I have seen to many mistakes or packages get lost with them. And I very much prefer UPS. Just for future reference, you can ask the carrier for a different shipping service as an alternative, but you have to request it. So if they suggest the Postal Service in the future, you could ask if you can use UPS or FedEx and they can create a new label for you.