Issue: Safari reloading background webpages all the time.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kinchee87, Oct 21, 2007.

1. kinchee87 macrumors regular

kinchee87

Hi there people,

Got an issue with Safari with multiple webpages open at the same time.
    I go into Safari and let it load a webpage to completion, then open a new webpage and browse around for a few minutes. But when I come back to the first webpage it is now a blank page with Safari reloading it.

It's very annoying that this happens because it sort of defeats the purpose of having multiple webpages open and when I'm using a web IM, I keep getting "disconnected".
    Does anyone have the same issue?

Thanks

2. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Must be a limited cache size, never had a problem with it, though. I just keep three pages open at most, this isn't a home computer. :p

3. kinchee87 thread starter macrumors regular

kinchee87

I've tried deleting the cache, history and cookies but I still get the background pages being reloaded each time I flick back to them ><

4. gillan82 macrumors newbie

I have same problem on my iphod touch. I have two or three tabs open, but when I am using one for a while about minute or less, other tabs goes blank and are reloaded when I switch to them. Its really annoying. I hope it's a bug that will be fixed soon. Safari is mostly useless for me.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

You should send feedback to apple.com/feedback

6. big-blue-wolf macrumors regular

big-blue-wolf

What a sweeping statement based on what is a minor niggle whilst browsing.

I get the same problem occasionally but accept the limitations on what is a hand-held device and not a full scale computer.

7. kinchee87 thread starter macrumors regular

kinchee87

I've since moved the original programs from the symlinked Applications folder (that I created to save space) to its original location. This seems to have decreased the number of times webpages have reloaded.