Issue using Hands Free and SiriToggle in car

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by philip in al, Jan 23, 2012.

1. philip in al macrumors regular

So this morning, i was able to sit in the car (with the phone locked) and connected to bluetooth, and say, "Siri, call John Smith". It worked like clock work; perfect, except that once the call was made, Siri never would revert to the locked screen. It stayed on the siri screen.

I tried to make some adjustments as to Voice playback etc. I'm not sure what I've done. Now when I perform the same action in the car, it makes the call fine. The problem is that even after the call is discontinued, it keeps my audio system locked onto phone (as if it's using the phone) and lt keeps it from reverting to my stereo. The minute I shut off Hands Free, the radio starts playing.

Any idea what settings I screwed up? I know it works, because it worked this morning.

2. webcrush macrumors regular

Hmm . . . I never got that to work in my car at all. The minute the car was on it turned on the BT mic on the auto stereo 'listening'. I have to disable the handsfree Siri anytime I get in the car.

3. brockd macrumors member

4. mindgrapes macrumors newbie

I've got handsfree installed. I've also got activator installed. I only saw the value of handfree when I'm driving, so I set activator to toggle handsfree whenever it's connected to power. It doesn't work, howver. It does toggle it in the settings, but I don't think it really does, as it doesn't work. Shame.

5. philip in al thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know what to say; it worked flawlessly at first and then I went and screwed with it because I didn't like the fact that it left the iPhone screen displaying the Siri as opposed to closing out Sire once complete. Now that I know it is possible, I'll guess I'll drive myself crazy until I figure it out, then I'll report back.

In the mean time, if anyone can figure out how to use HFC with SiriToggle, to allow you to wake the phone, perform a Siri command (such as "call Bill"), hang up the call and then have the radio go back to playing music (the car radio), please let us know.

6. webcrush macrumors regular

I had an idea but it didn't work.

With SiriToggles you can enable/disable items found in the SBSettings. One of which is the Hands-Free Control.

So I tried "Siri, disable hands-free control" thinking it would disable the service, stop the mic from listening and re-enable the car stereo.

But it didn't recognize the toggle. Oh well. It was a long shot and only good to turn it off.

7. webcrush macrumors regular

btw, make sure to turn off HFC before you try to to any audio airplay. ugh, my ears are still ringing from the feedback.