Issue with 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nicholas.C, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

hi there,

i got a 3GS off ebay the other day (as a replacement) when i got it, it had a battery replacement, and wasn't turning on, so before i did anything i cleaned the entire board as it was just not turning on, now i've changed the battery to a 3gs one, and it is now recognized in itunes as it wasn't before.

(i've put it in restore mode, and restored default software on) and the screen is entirely black? and cannot get anything on the screen, i have changed the digitizer, the docking connector, and it is reconized but cannot seem to get the lcd to light up at all?

it's not water damanged, it has been dropped.. but the guy told me that before anything has happened to it that it had a replacement battery..

what can I do? I dont have another 3gs screen to spare (LCD).

redsn0w also idenfities it and exploits the firmware, just nout on screen.

2. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So you bought a broken iphone on ebay that wont turn on and now you're stuck not knowing how or what is wrong with it.
    Sounds like you made a bad purchase...

5. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

so any help?

it does turn on, but won't turn the screen on ?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Your guess is as good as anyones.
    I'd bring it to an iphone repair place so they can take a look at it and diagnose what is really wrong with it and what needs to be replaced.

7. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

the parts in this phone are pretty much brand new all except the lcd.. however confirmed that the lcd worked before the battery replacement, just don't understand why. I have a huge knowledge of repairing iphones however this one has stumped me..

[​IMG]

8. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

For a forum entitled 'iPhone tips, help and troubleshooting', you have to ask why you bothered to reply with comments that provide no answers to the OP's question. The whole point of a forum such as this is to share knowledge and enable people to fix their problems without resorting to expensive repair shops, and to help others with similar problems.

To the OP - sorry I can't help, I looked in as I was interested in the topic for myself, to see if any iPhone experts had replied yet, but obviously not so far.....

9. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

thank you, i don't know why that guy even bothered..

i am going to go to the market with my little piggy and get a new lcd see if that works.

thanks.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cause I can reply to anything I want.
    Obviously the OP is not inclined enough to troubleshoot and pinpoint the hardware issue himself so I suggested he bring it to a repair place.
    That's more efficient than what he's doing now by buying parts and playing the guessing game.
    Have fun.

11. stevep macrumors 6502a

stevep

I think that probably makes my point better than I made it myself. Well done.:D

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sure, have a good day;)