Issue with 4s Battery (go figure)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xthishero, Oct 19, 2011.

1. xthishero macrumors newbie

I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this issue.

So the past 2 nights I've been plugging my new 4s into the charger before I go to sleep (around midnight) and wake up (around 9am) to find my charge only at about 93%. And that's not the best part. After waking up and checking a few emails or texts and setting the phone down, a few minutes later and the charge is at 91% WHILE STILL ON THE CHARGER. Is this an issue because the phone is new and the battery isnt "calibrated" like I've heard some people talk about on here or is the phone just screwed?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It doesn't sound right. Did you try another outlet?

3. chdwil macrumors regular

4. xthishero thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't tried that, but It's on a surge protector where my laptop and old blackberry are charged just fine.

----------

I tried that too :mad:

5. 700-Grizz macrumors 6502

DO you have another charger to plug it into? Also try it one night and Not going thru the surge protector to see what happens

Or I would take it to Apple store and they may just swap it out for you cause something is not right for sure

6. xthishero thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been trying to avoid that since the nearest Apple store is about 5 hours away. I might try to take it to Sprint.

7. pcmike macrumors regular

pcmike

I had this issue. I did the logical thing and just unplugged the charger and plugged it back in and all is fine. You definitely don't need to return the phone. It's not a big deal and I'm almost positive it has to do with calibrating the battery. FYI: my battery life after this occurred the other night has been wayy better than before it occurred. Don't worry about it.

8. xthishero thread starter macrumors newbie

This seemed to help actually. Charge was a lot faster. Thanks!

----------

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. And this is reassuring haha. Thanks for the help!