iPhone Issue with Activator

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by quebert, Jan 2, 2015.

1. quebert macrumors member

Latest version on a new iPhone 6+. I have removed and reinstalled it 4 times and have went over every setting multiple times to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Any ways my problem is, when I unlock with TouchID about 85% of the time it goes to the main screen then automatically jumps to the add a contact screen. I went over all the lock screen default settings and didn't see anything. This wouldn't be a default thing any ways, but I wanted to check. I Googled this and nothing came up, so I'm a bit confused here. I have other tweaks installed that could be interfering I guess? But when I remove Activator the button goes back to working the way it should when I TouchID unlock.

Any ideas?

2. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

Issue with Activator

I'd venture a guess that you have assigned an activator action to a certain fingerprint being placed on the sensor. If you can't find it, I would delete your libactivator.plist. This will send your activator settings to their defaults. Simply uninstalling and re-installing activator will not remove your set preferences. I think it's found in /var/mobile/Library/caches. Otherwise you can just use iCleaner to delete it.

3. 007p macrumors 6502a

Activator has a 'Reset settings' option too. So no need to go digging around the filesystem or using iCleaner if they don't feel confident doing so.

4. Syndicate0017 macrumors 6502

That's funny. I've used activator for years and never once noticed that option. :p Certainly would be easier that way.

5. quebert thread starter macrumors member

007p THANK YOU for the hint. I swear I went over every damn option in it looking for what I needed to change. I don't know how I didn't see the reset settings one. hummmmmmmmmmmmm DOH.

6. bpunc macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem. Is there a way to install the older or previous version of Activator? Ryan Petrich's repo doesn't have it. The beta version seems to work better. Is there a repo for older versions of Activator?

7. quebert thread starter macrumors member

the reset didn't work for you? Worked great for me! I also noticed an area where you can list all your bindings in 1 spot.