Issue with Activity Monitor

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by MarcusCarpenter, Oct 16, 2013.

1. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

[​IMG]

Theres no process's listed in each tab, after rebooting/logging out it comes back.
    This was a fresh install of the GM. Machine in sig
    Thanks

2. cbs20 macrumors member

I'm having the same issue except the information will come and go. Also, if I click to reorder a column all information shows up for a little bit and disappears again. Anyone else experiencing. This is on a Mid 2012 15inch baseline retina on a clean install Public Release 10.9 Mavericks.

3. Quackers macrumors 6502a

Yep, me too. It's been much better today (almost resolved actually) but yesterday it was a pig. Would not populate most of the time.
    I'm also on a mid 2012 rMBP

4. Djay1 macrumors member

Hope the processes are showing up, I am good in that regard.

Only minor issue is the dock icon for Activity Monitor when toggled to memory would have a pie chart of real memory usage. Is that now gone with 10.9?

5. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

It's gone for me. Worse, it takes forever for the memory used by processes to show.

Why would they take away the memory feature of the icon? Ugh. Yes I have other tools that can do similar but I was used to just glancing at the Activity Monitor icon to see how memory was doing.

Michael

6. cbs20 macrumors member

After a couple reboots and a disk repair and permission repair the Activity Monitor works as expected.