Issue with Apple ID?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Mojer, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Mojer macrumors member

I tried renting a movie the other night from itunes. This is my second ipad. I had to return the first one as it was defective. My itunes account on my PC uses my AOL address. My Apple ID password and AOL password are different. My first ipad asked for my Apple ID and I would enter that password for it to allow downloading apps, ect. This ipad asks for my Apple ID and when I enter it it says I entered the wrong itunes store password. After several attempts I finally tried my AOL password and it worked. I no longer want to use AOL. How do I configure the ipad so that when it asks for my Apple ID I do not have to enter my AOL password? Thank you

2. Mojer thread starter macrumors member

3. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

How come you have 2 ID's? The ID you have on your iTunes should be the one you use on your ipad. You can change ID's

Click your ID in iTunes, (when you go into the store, it's top right), and you can change the ID in there

[​IMG]

I may have read your post wrong. The iTunes account doesn't give a hoot what your AOL password is. It only cares about what password you used, and entered for the apple ID. They do not have to be the same.