Issue with Apple Music Library and Series 4

swandy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I picked up my SBSS Series 4 today and so far pretty impressed.
EXCEPT - the darn Music app on the Watch won't see any of my library or playlists even when it is near my iPhone XS or via LTE. When I tap on Library and then tap on any of the options (Songs, Albums, etc.) they all come up with the message "No Music". Even if my iPhone is nearby and I tap first on iPhone, same issues.
Have tried resetting the Watch and unpairing and repairing it a few times. Even set it up as NEW again.
Anyone have this issue? Am I missing something in the iPhone/Watch settings?
Thanks

rew f fwd

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2014
I have the same problem with my apple watch 4. no music on it. synonymous, I can not synchronize music on the clock .. really bad .. so the clock is not useful for me at the moment!

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 68040
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I don't have that issue. I can play music from my watch via LTE or from the library on my phone. I take it that for LTE, you have the cloud switched on for music.

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
Such a strange bug. I’d say call Apple Support would be your better choice.

solarmon

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2015
Yep. My new iWatch 4 doesn’t see a single song on my iPhone. Also, struggling to get it to charge. Out of box, it reported 71%, at about 3 p.m. on the day received. So I did not charge it until the first morning (today actually) when it reported 11%. Tried charging it while having coffee (1 hour of charging) and it got up to 31%. Put i on for a walk with dogs, came back, it was at 28%. Put it back on charger for another hour, and it “climbed” to 39%.

I want to go for a run in the mornings, not sit around waiting for my “exercise tracker” as it’s being advertised to get enough juice. Ridiculous. Got Apple Care, so thinking I’ll return it to Apple and wait until they figure out how to make a usable watch you can wear for a day. Duh. Disappointed.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 68040
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
Yep. My new iWatch 4 doesn’t see a single song on my iPhone. Also, struggling to get it to charge. Out of box, it reported 71%, at about 3 p.m. on the day received. So I did not charge it until the first morning (today actually) when it reported 11%. Tried charging it while having coffee (1 hour of charging) and it got up to 31%. Put i on for a walk with dogs, came back, it was at 28%. Put it back on charger for another hour, and it “climbed” to 39%.

I want to go for a run in the mornings, not sit around waiting for my “exercise tracker” as it’s being advertised to get enough juice. Ridiculous. Got Apple Care, so thinking I’ll return it to Apple and wait until they figure out how to make a usable watch you can wear for a day. Duh. Disappointed.
Sounds as if you have a faulty watch to be honest. I would return it on the 14th day and hopefully supply issues wont be a problem by then

swandy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I spoke to Apple support after posting this and he was sending a report to the engineers. What he had me check was if iCloud Music Library was turned ON which it was.
Read another thread in the Apple forums about that being turned off and causing the issue. What I tried is turning it OFF on the iPhone, telling the message to replace any music on the iPhone, turning it back ON, resetting first the iPhone and then the Watch itself. Nothing changed immediately but about an hour later the Watch saw the music on the iPhone AND saw my music library when the iPhone was placed in Airplane Mode (too lazy to walk outside to get out of Bluetooth range).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.