Issue with Boot Camp? (More inside)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by OsirisNYK, Feb 14, 2012.

1. OsirisNYK macrumors newbie

OsirisNYK

Okay, guys.

I have an iMac Snow Leopard, finder version 10.6.8. I want to purchase a video-game called "NBA 2K12" for my iMac, but it's only for PC. So I believe I need to use Boot Camp that's on my computer to be able to run Windows 7 and other PC games, such as NBA 2K12. Right?

So if I'm right so far, I did click on Boot Camp Assistant. I clicked continue and it says to either:

"Download the Windows support for this Mac" Where can I do that?

and the other option said

"I have the Mac OS X installation disk that came with my Mac or I have already downloaded the Windows support software for this Mac to a CD, DVD, or external disk"

A disk I got was the iLife '11 Install DVD that was a CPU Drop-In DVD, but if thats not the disk then I don't know what they are talking about.

So in conclusion, how can I play a PC Game (NBA 2K12) with out downloading it off the internet using a torrent? Thanks guys.

2. thankins macrumors 6502

You will need a Windows 7 install disc - so that is something you will have to bu at Best Buy, Walmart, or any other store. The disc will cost you around 150 dollars.

Here is a step by step setup guide. It is for 10.7 but pretty much the same for 10.6

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.7.pdf

This guide is great too.

http://www.simplehelp.net/2009/01/1...ndows-7-on-your-mac-the-complete-walkthrough/

On a side note - mentioning downloading illegal software is frowned on here in the forums by the mods so best to keep that on the DL if you are doing that.

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you are a student you can get windows 7 home premium for $30. Or buy an oem version on newegg.com for around $89