Issue with both PushGMAIL and Gpush?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikejd1, Sep 2, 2009.

1. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

All of a sudden, around 11:30ET PushGmail beta 2 stopped pushing emails to me. I rebooted and tried again, turned off notifications, etc,,so i decided to turn back gpush to try that and sure enough, both push services are no longer working anymore.

Anyone else having this issue??

2. scotland007 macrumors regular

GPush Sucks Ass!!

Hasn't worked at all for me, they should rename it GPiss!

3. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

im just curious as to why now all of a sudden BOTH apps have stopped, google blocking something?

4. muledogus macrumors 6502

GPush is working for me. GMail had some server updates yesterday causing outages. Maybe your account is on a server that isn't taking the change very lightly.

5. slimgravy macrumors newbie

why do you need push anything for Gmail?

it works great as it is... in less than 60 seconds i get a notification and fetch is set to manual. i just got 3 notif's in about 5 min.

6. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Because iPhone does not natively support push on Gmail. I have no idea how you got three notifications within 5 minutes. The shortest fetch interval is 15 minutes.

7. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

I just tested it and my PushGmail beta 2 is working great still. took maybe 3 seconds to get the notification. I don't know about earlier today because I was at work and cell phones are not allowed anywhere inside the facility.

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

plus using gpush and manually getting emails really gives a better battery life.

9. slimgravy macrumors newbie

ok I found out why Im special lol...

i was previously jail broken with the deal that let me check email every minute.... that was active when i went legit and went to 3.0 there must be a bit of code left over like i still get numeric wifi signal MOST of the time. so yea i wantched it fetch every min, even tho it was set to manual, and then put it on 30 min and it stopped "checking "mail.... no wonder my bat needed charged 3 times a day.... FAIL.

where is the beta push?

10. mikejd1 thread starter macrumors 6502

mine is back working again, started back up about 2 hours ago

11. Gatteau macrumors 6502a

For crying out loud, GPush works just fine. At least for me.