Issue With Compiling... Unsupported compiler 'Gcc 4.2'

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by skyeliam, Sep 4, 2011.

1. skyeliam macrumors newbie

All right, so I recently renewed my Dev account and went through the tedious hassle of getting all the new certificates and provisioning profiles. Trying to compile onto my iPhone 4 caused 3 of errors to come up, and I have solved two of them so far. However this third issue is the real killer. I've found nothing through hours of Google Searches and I am about to lose my mind.

When I build I get this:
    It happens for both the simulator, and the Iphone.

Note: A few hours ago it ran in the simulator fine but I now have the above error, and I have not change any code since, just some of the build info.

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

Tadaa, fixed. There is your problem, you know the difference for compiling for ARM6 and ARM7 etc? Then you should know this is a build error, you probably clicked something/did something by accident, or on purpose, but you didn't know what it did. And that got you this error.

3. photoxtremer macrumors newbie

This was happening to me with XCode 4.2 (for an iOS 5 beta). The project's build setting "Compiler for C/C++/Objective-C" resolved to "Default compiler "Apple LLVM compiler 3.0" but if you looked at the individual levels the target, project and iOS default were all completely blank.

All I had to do to fix the error was set one of the target/project/iOS defaults to a selection from the pop-up list and the error went away.

4. jiminaus macrumors 65816

jiminaus

That strange, but it is beta software. Blanks at the lower levels are meant to mean inherit the value from the higher levels.