Issue with controller battery pack for 360

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by gameguy3001, Oct 14, 2007.

1. gameguy3001 macrumors member

The battery pack the came with the controller (the one that holds 2 AA batteries) no longer works correctly. It just allows the controller to turn on for a few seconds then shut off.

i tried it in a different controller and the same thing happened too. Also tried fresh batteries, same thing again.

I was just wondering what are my options (contact tech support, try and fix it, buy a new one)?

Thanks in advance.

2. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

This used to happen to me a lot, and I think it's to do with the springs holding the batteries in place, breaking the contacts occasionally, as, so long as you hold the controller one way up, it seems to be perfectly ok, but if you tilt it sharply, it konks out

3. gameguy3001 thread starter macrumors member

Well, it would be a pain to have to hold it a certain way all the time. I was just wondering if it could be replaced or if I should just see if I buy a new one.

4. zero2dash macrumors 6502a

zero2dash

You'd probably have to contact Microsoft, they may send you a replacement "pack" piece...I don't think they're available otherwise.

Check the battery springs and the various "pins" (there's a metal/copper plate in a small cutout square peg in the back, I have no idea if that does anything but check it anyway...near where the label is I believe).

Alternately you could always buy a new controller, take the 'good' "pack" from the new controller, put your 'bad' "pack" in and return it to the store for a refund and tell them it doesn't work. ;)