issue with dynex mdp > hdmi + mbp mid-2010

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ihonda, Sep 24, 2010.

1. ihonda macrumors 68000

so i went out and got the dynex minidisplayport to hdmi adapter, it was working at first but my top menu bar was getting cut off so i tried changing the resolution around, it let me do it a few times. then out of no where the macbook screen and tv screen both went complete white, i unplugged the adapter and the macbook screen still stayed white. so i had to forcefully reboot it, got it back onto the desktop and tried again, it displayed fine UNTIL i went into setting, then the screen turned blue and i had to forcefully reboot again. figured it was something with that hdmi port so i switched to another one. this time when i went into setting both the screens turned purple. what the hell is going on?! is there some way to reset some sort of display properties or something? im at my wits end over this.

2. dslade09 macrumors member

I just got done using my dynex mini displayport to hdmi and it worked fine. but I have a 15" macbook pro.

check your hdmi cables and if you can check another tv with hdmi to see if you can reproduce the problem.

3. DJ-R macrumors regular

4. ihonda thread starter macrumors 68000

hmm yes. i am pretty sure. im going to try another cable and see what is up.

ok i tried the cable i use for my xbox which i know is 1.3 and now when i plug it up the laptop screen freezes and the tv screen is white. wtf :(

im fed up ill just return it!

5. niksarsfield macrumors newbie

i am having a similar problem! i had my hdmi **** all set up connecting my macbook pro to my dynex tv, it worked great for a few days, then suddenly in the middle of watching something, the screen on the tv went blue and said "not support" and now it just flickers static and then goes black, and then blue and then more static. whats happening?