Issue with email on iphone 3G(3.1.2)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by El indio, Dec 17, 2009.

1. El indio macrumors member

Was wondering if someone can help me out. For the past 3 days I am not able to to get my email on my Iphone. When I try to view my email I get "connection to the server failed." However other people I know in my area are not getting this. I deleted the account from my phone and reentered the information but no luck. Is anyone else having this problem?

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I would guess it's a problem with your email server.

3. El indio thread starter macrumors member

so pretty much wait it out, or is thier anything I could do?

4. Mischka07 macrumors regular

Are you using Gmail with Google Sync? If so, there have been issues for many users this past month, just need to wait it out.

5. El indio thread starter macrumors member

using yahoo email account. Seems like it wont connect to the server but I'm the only one of my friends to be having this issue. Started about 3 days ago.

6. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I've not had problems with Yahoo, ever. You might try adding a new Yahoo email account and see if you have the same problem. You said you deleted and readded the account, right?

7. El indio thread starter macrumors member

This is the first time I have had this issue. Yes I deleted rebooted and then put it back in. It checks my information and its all good, but when I go to retrieve my emails that's when I get the connection sever issue.

8. El indio thread starter macrumors member

Incase anyone wondering, I was able to fix this problem by doing a restore on my phone. I started having issues with using safari also. So Just decided to do a restore and fixed all my issues. Thanks for those who helped me out.