iPhone Issue with GM vehicles and iOS9 switching radio sources.

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by phantasms, Nov 24, 2015.

1. phantasms macrumors newbie

Hey all. I have a 2015 Corvette Z06 and a 2016 Tahoe and have this issue in both vehicles. The issue started once I went to iOS9 on my iPhone 6 and of course continued once I got a 6S.

I drive with Waze on with play sound through phone speaker and "prefer bluetooth" off.

While I'm driving usually I'm listing to Sirius XM. When Waze gives me an audible alert, which happens on the phone, it switches my radio to my phone and it will start playing whatever I was listening to last on the iPhone. I go ahead and hit Radio and move on with my life until the next time it happens. Funny thing is that once this happens about four times or so the issue goes away. It will give the alert on my phone as and leave Sirius XM playing. The reason I believe this is not a Waze issue but an iOS issue is because it started once I switched to iOS9. I do not use any other app which would behave in the same manner to guarantee that it's the phone and not the program. I'm open to suggestions of course.

This is annoying and I'd love for it to go away. Any suggestions?

Thank you!
    Best,
    Gene

2. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

It could be one of several things off the top of my head:

1)Apple has a new API to handle the situation the same in iOS9, but Waxe hasn't implemented it.

2)Apple has changed the way this is handled and there is no update to get it to work the way it did.

3)GM is the issue and needs to either;
    A)Release a software calibration update to address it

-OR-

B)Has released one and you just need it installed.

4)It's a bug that may or may not be fixed by Apple.

You can file a bug report with Apple and see what happens with that. I filed four with iOS 9, all but one has been closed due to being addressed with other issues. The other is still open.

You can contact Waze and see if it is a known issue on their end. They may know about it and be working on a fix.

You could contact your servicing dealer and have them check your vehicles for any possible updates to the infotainment systems to address this. GM is slow on the uptick of fixing issues like this. Unless it is a huge thorn in their side or impacts something else more severely, it will likely be slow to be fixed.

You can always try backing up your device, setting it up as new and then download only Waze to see if the problem persists. This is a little heavy handed, but a recommend course of diagnostics.