Issue With Headphone Jack On My New Iphone 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thehook, Jul 24, 2010.

1. thehook macrumors newbie

I have a new iPhone 4 32GB. I love it!...BUT, I seem to be having an issue with my headphone jack.

When I connect my headphones to the iphone's jack there is little to no resistance when the plug pushes into the jack. After the plug is firmly and properly in place, I can only here faint sound coming through my headphones even though the volume is turned all the way up. If I make micro adjustments to the plug in the jack the sound finally kicks in and I can hear the way I'm supposed to. I don't think I should have to do this everytime?! Is this a known issue?...dare I ask. I have tried multiple iPhone headphones with this iPhone 4 and have the same issue with every one of them. So, it ain't the headphones.

And yes, I'm connecting the headphone plug properly and completely into the jack on my iPhone 4, with volume turned all the way up. Never had this issue with my 3G. Still within the 30 days but I hope I don't have to return it as my local store is sold out of new iPhone 4's... Oy vey.

Thanks!

2. haulis macrumors regular

Take it to an Apple store. They have replacement stock that is different from the stock they sell new. It's that easy.

3. thehook thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. If my Iphone is still within the 30 days don't I want a new one instead of a refurbished one?

4. spades1412 macrumors 6502

They are all new at this point I believe. And who cares weather its new or refurbished. As long as it looks perfect and perform as well as new, whats the difference. I would think that if it was a refurb, it would have gone through a more rigorous testing process to verify its functional. You get the same warranty on the replacement.

5. NYR99 macrumors 6502a

I had the same exact problem. I got my phone replaced, no questions asked, with a brand new one.

6. thehook thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you. Looks like another trip to the Apple Store...