Issue with how bookmarks are handled in Safari

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bacong, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

Little issue here.

See my bookmark folders?

[​IMG]

As you can see right there, there's no way for me to delete the "Bookmarks Bar" and "Bookmarks Menu" from there. I synced my bookmarks with Safari to my phone originally, but have not done it since.

So, is there a way for me to get rid of those?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

In case no one answers you, yes there is a way. However, I don't remember the steps exactly. I saw something about in a previous thread. I think you have to remove your bookmarks folder on your mac, but I'd look at the threads first.

3. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

Yes, that's one way to do it. I don't remember the process for removing the folders, but you can find it online somewhere. Basically, you remove the folders, sync with iTunes to remove the bookmarks, then uncheck bookmark syncing. Then you can put the folders back.

4. Bacong thread starter macrumors 68000

Bacong

bump. I tried deleting the folders from safari and resyncing but it didn't work.

5. bob vansteel macrumors regular

Having the same problem here! So annoying! If anyone knows the steps to fix, please share

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

There might be an easier way, but this is how I solved it. I brought my USB cord to work. I plugged in my iphone to my work computer. When itunes popped up, I made sure EVERY BOX was unchecked so that nothing would be wiped from my iphone (a box pops up so it won't happen automatically don't worry). Then I went in the info tab. There is a box saying "This one time, do you want to wipe over something" or something to that effect. It's at the very bottom. I clicked yes for the bookmarks. That wiped out all of my iphone book marks, including those stupid folders. Whew! So now I can start over :D