Issue with iPhone 5 and iCloud backup

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chrismarle, Nov 4, 2012.

1. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I was trying to restore my iPhone 5 with my iCloud backup but I'm always having an issue with it.

Basically, there is an issue with data in my backup. Anyway to get rid of this issue?

Thanks?

P.S. Running iOS 6.0.1 and the backup is from iOS 6.0. However, I don't think it can cause the issue.

Attached Files:

2. DefBref macrumors 6502

A translation of the message in the photo would help us english only speakers.

Also you could just take a screenshot on the iphone itself and upload that it instead of taking a photo of the phone. Just press the standby button and home button together, you will hear the camera click and a screenshot will appear in your camera roll.

3. chrismarle thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, sorry for the non translation. The error message says:

"Restoration of the backup impossible

Your iPhone can't be restored because there is an issue with your backup data. Chose another backup to restore"

But I've tried the only two other backups I have in my iCloud but they didn't worked too. Also, I didn't wanted to configure it as a new phone just to get a screenshot, I want to use my backup.