issue with Mail/iCal

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by beastiedk, Sep 9, 2009.

1. beastiedk macrumors newbie

Hi

I am using Mac OS X (10.50.7) and I am having a pretty annoying problen with Mail/iCal.

I used to have two email accounts set up in Mail. But one of them has been shut down, leaving me with only one.

Now something strange happens when I send iCal invitations to others. For example, I create an appointment in iCal and invite somebody by typing their email address. This person has Outlook. When he/she opens my email with the invitation, the correct email address is being used, but when they open the attachment with the calendar file, save it and then send the confirmation reply, this one is sent to my old email address. Then I obviously don't get the confirmation, and the person invited gets a non delivery report as the address he is replying to does not longer exist.

I have deleted my old inexistent account from Mail, and I have also removed the unused smtp server information. What else can be causing this problem?

Thank you in advance

2. jive turkey macrumors 6502

While it sounds like a mail problem, I think there is something wrong in iCal. I have deleted a calendar in iCal. It no longer appears in the calendars list, but I still get reminders from it and it tries to sync to my Blackberry. Also, my to-do list says there are 75 total items, but 150 of those 75 are incomplete. I am sure these are leftovers from the deleted calendar.

I looked through the folder where calendars are stored, and I don't see the calendar I deleted, but obviously OS X thinks it is there. I tried deleting the cache file that was in that folder and it had no affect, so perhaps there is another cache somewhere that needs to be axed.

So I don't know how to fix your problem, but I have a similar one. Maybe if we work together we can figure out a fix.

Edit: BTW, I am using 10.6.0, but our problems still sound similar.