Issue with Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by godette, Jul 11, 2011.

1. godette macrumors member

Hello there everyone. I have an iMac running OS X 10.6.8 and I've been having an issue with Mail. I have two gmail accounts - one personal and one business - and for some reason, email that gets sent to my personal gmail account ends up in the business inbox, which is a separate gmail address entirely.

This problem doesn't happen with gmail itself, only in my Mac's Mail program. Has anyone had this problem before and is there a way to fix it? I do get all my emails but they shouldn't be ending up in the wrong inbox. I sometimes tell people I haven't received their emails then suddenly remember it could be in the wrong mailbox - inconvenient and embarrassing.

I've deleted the business account from mail in the hope that that would sort Mail out, but that hasn't fixed it. I still don't get all my personal mail into my Mac, but when I check gmail on the web, the message is there, in my gmail inbox.

I really would appreciate any help you could give. Thank you so much.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Set up a Mail Rule to have your business mail go to your business inbox and the same for your personal mail.