Issue with MBP, Apple says no issue?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iSpoody 1243, Apr 30, 2018.

1. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

Hi all
    I have a late 2013 retina mbp 13”. I recently had the SSD fail and had to have it replaced. It was replaced in an Apple store.

About a fortnight after the repair, my mbp started to show some issues where it would restart randomly. I would open my mbp after leaving it in sleep mode just for it to get caught in a loop of trying to load into the desktop and just crashing and restarting prior to reaching it. But if I leave it open after about maybe 15+ times crashing, it will eventually get in and start operating.

I took my mbp to Apple and they couldn’t find any hardware issues from their diagnostic. So they said they would wipe the SSD, reformat and reinstall high Sierra.

I took my Mbp home and the same issue started reoccurring. So I try rolling back the OS X to Sierra thinking this might help. Same thing still happening.

I yesterday left my mbp at the Apple store again for them to do more thorough diagnostics. They just called me to say they could not find and hardware issues.

So.....can anyone help me with this issue?
    If it’s not a hardware issue then why does it happen even tho the SSD has been completely reformatted and wiped?

Thanks in advance

2. Audit13 macrumors 68040

Audit13

3. mastermind6192 macrumors member

mastermind6192

Its possible for hardware to fail but be below the threshold for what Apple considers failed. All tests have a margin of error to prevent false positives. You should call AppleCare and let them know what happened. They have more resources to look into harder to narrow down issues.

4. chabig macrumors 603

If you can record video of the aberrant behavior and show it to them it will help.

5. mastermind6192 macrumors member

mastermind6192

While you can record a video it wouldn’t do much in this situation. All it would do is prove it happens and not why. They’ll probably have to collect logs or other such things to have a better idea.