Issue with my book live duo

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by behnooshrabiei, Oct 24, 2013.

1. behnooshrabiei macrumors newbie

Hi all,
    I have recently installed OSX Mavericks on both my macbook pros, The first one is the latest version and the other one is macbook pro 13 inch 2011 model. I have a Western digital my book live duo 4 TB. My older mac now is unable to connect to my WD duo. When I click on its name in finder and the finder restarts. My newer macbook has no problem connecting to the drive. Also neither of these macs had problem connecting to WD when they were running OSX Mountain lion.
    I fixed permissions and restarted but it did not fix my issue.

Thank you for your help.

2. kiantech macrumors regular

Do you have dropbox installed? Some people have complained in the past that finder would crash when connecting to a SMB share, strangely dropbox was causing an issue. Reinstall dropbox from their website, I know they had an update which I had to manual install.

Also Mavericks uses a new SMB stack, this could be the issue.

3. behnooshrabiei thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I have the latest dropbox version.

----------

If it was the SMB shouldn't the new mac also complain or crash?

----------

I removed and reinstalled dropbox but it didn't solve the issue.

4. kiantech macrumors regular

5. behnooshrabiei thread starter macrumors newbie

I have already done this. Using go->connect to server works and it opens up WD duo however even this server is unaccessible from the sidebar. It shows up in the sidebar but clicking it will restart finder. The problem is with the sidebar somehow.

----------

I've just solved my problem with the silliest approach possible. I opened finder preference and in advance tab removed and added show bonjour computers in the shared. It is ok now. Thanks.