Issue with photos (hard to explain)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sixxmum, Jul 18, 2015.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

When I open Photos, all of my images are there.

But, if I'm inside of a program (say Twitter or Facebook) and try to insert an image, I get the "Open" dialogue box, select Photos (under media) and go to my images and the last one I can see is from about a week ago.

Any thoughts on the disparity?

See below for a screenshot of the dialogue box, where the last available choice is a cat pic, and a screenshot from photos that shows there are other images after that one.

Screen Shot 2015-07-18 at 1.35.48 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-07-18 at 1.38.06 PM.png

2. Bruno09 macrumors 68020

3. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Thanks, Bruno. They aren't there whether I go through moments, years, places, etc.

4. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Just to clarify, since this post started out in OS and was moved to apps, I don't think this is a problem with Photos (the app). Everything is fine there.

I think it is a problem with how the OS is finding/reading photos (not the app, the files) to make them available for selection within other programs.

5. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502a

I know in iOS, the photo needs to be completely downloaded before I can see it in other apps. If I'm just looking at the optimized version, it won't find it. I typically Edit the photo which downloads the complete thing, then it shows up.

But that's iOS. Not sure if it's the same problem for you.