Issue with playing DVDs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pawel, Feb 17, 2010.

1. pawel macrumors newbie

I ve just bought second hand, but new Mac PRO 15``. Everything is great except playing DVDs. I can only start playing it after inserting it into disc player. Otherwise when I try to click the DVD icon on the desktop it brings me to all DVD folders (same when I try to open it by rightclicking it using the mouse)
    The Computer system was reinstalled, so maybe there is sth to be changed in settings to make it work properly? I have installed Divex player and here also option Open takes me to the folders not to the movie itself ....
    I would simply like to be able re-play a DVD without having to re-insert it everytime.
    Thank you for your advice?

Pawel

2. chrismacguy macrumors 68000

Try opening the DVD Player Application with the Disc already inserted /Applications/ and see if that actually does anything at all, if it cant see the disc it may display an error code which is useful :)

3. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Check your applications folder for 'DVD Player'. Open it and go to 'file' and select 'Open DVD Media' then select your disc.

4. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

Beat me to it, and i was so buzzed to actually know one :D

5. pawel thread starter macrumors newbie

Works fine

Nice, works fine from Applications! So at least this way I can open it ..Thanx
    Still am not sure why on my friends` comp who is identical the access is direct = icon DVD - right click of the mouse - Open - plays ...

P