Issue with Recovery Mode and DFU mode on Iphone 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bfro, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Bfro macrumors newbie

I purchased a second hand Iphone 3GS yesterday and the last thing the seller did before handing it to me was go into settings and select "Delete all content". Until he did that it was working just fine, now it is stuck at the boot screen. I did a little research and realized that this is fairly common with that feature as of late.

Here lies the issue.... My phone will enter DFU mode but will not, no matter what I try, enter recovery mode. This would be fine if I could run the restore in Itunes and fix my issue from DFU mode, but when I do, it comes up with error 1600. I googled this and there is one widely accepted solution to this, leave DFU mode and enter recovery mode to restore your phone....

I hope someone has something I can try.

Thank you

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

First open iTunes and connect your USB cord to your computer, but do not plug it into your iPhone. Then press and hold the home button on your phone while connecting the USB cord into your iPhone, while continuing to hold down the home button. Then click restore in iTunes.