Issue with reinstalling macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NickAnema, Feb 21, 2016.

1. NickAnema macrumors newbie

NickAnema

Dear users,
    I've come to this forum for many problems that I had over the last years with my iPhone, iPads and macbooks. But now I cannot find the solution to my problem. So I am hoping I can find it in this thread.

The issue is as following;
    I've upgraded my macbook (2010 bought) to Yosesmite and it became terrible slow. So after using it for a while I decided to downgrade it to Maverick.

Also when I tried to clean my laptop the first time I got the error that it couldn't delete a partition from the harddrive because it couldn't be deactived. So that issue also stands. Don't know if it's related to the problem.

I plugged in my USB with Snow Leopard to install it on the harddrive but everytime I select the usb in the boot menu I get the following error on my mac;
    20160221113924.jpg .

Things I have tried so far;
    Wiping my whole drive clean and then trying to install it; No luck.

I wiped the whole harddrive clean and then reinstalled Yosesmite, because I was able to do that..
    I really wanna downgrade to an earlier version. But this error keeps occuring.

I hope my story is clear enough to get some help. So yeah.. Anyone got a bright idea?

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

Create a new bootable USB installation disk using DiskMaker X on another Mac.
    Failing that, use the discs that came with the MBP and install from there.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Which version of snow leopard is on the USB drive? If it's older than 10.6.3 it won't work.

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

Yes, if your USB Snow Leopard is a backup of Apple's last Snow Leopard installer, then it likely won't install on a Mac that shipped with Snow Leopard. Many of those Macs sold at that time with Snow Leopard will only install from the media that shipped with them in the box, even if the same version number. The build of the installer will be slightly different from the commercial installer, to support changes in the hardware - and Apple, unfortunately, never updated the commercial Snow Leopard installer to include those. Installing to make a Snow Leopard system without that original DVD can be a challenge, requiring more than one Mac to get it done.

5. NickAnema thread starter macrumors newbie

NickAnema

Thankyou so much. I found the install disk that came with the macbook, which installed correctly and then I could easily update to Maverick. Thankyou a lot :)!

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Upgrade to an SSD and all OSX versions will run absolutely fine on that machine and it will run better than new. If your HDD is still the original one it is entering failure territory anyway.