Issue with screen dimming

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Blueravr, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Blueravr macrumors member

About once or twice a day, when i click the lock button to turn my phone on it dispalys the screen very very dim. I then have to press the lock button two more times to get the brightness correct? Is this just a prob with the 3GS. My bud and I both got our iphones on release day and his has constantly done this. Mine didn't start doing it, but the replacement I received last week does it? Does anyone recommend anything that can be done besides restore? Or is this just a hardware issue?

2. spartanrob macrumors 6502

spartanrob

I have the same issue every once in a while. i'm hoping 3.1 will resolve it.

3. henchosbandito macrumors member

I dont own a 3GS and im sure people wont take kindly to my naivety... but have you got Auto Brightness on?

4. Blueravr thread starter macrumors member

no it's turned off. I like my brightness at 3/4 up. But my friends is set to default with auto turned on
    The 3G I gave my lady is running 3.0 and never had an issue like I describe. So I don't know if it has to do with 3GS and 3.0?

5. Patston macrumors newbie

I have experianced this problem, however I find that simply unlocking the phone while it is dim makes the screen bright again.

6. Blueravr thread starter macrumors member