Issue with Search feature in Messages

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ultraracingph, Sep 27, 2013.

1. ultraracingph macrumors newbie

ultraracingph

Hey guys! I just took the plunge and updated to IOS 7 and so far so good until I tried using the search feature on messages. In IOS 6 all you needed was type to in a keyword within messages and it will comprehensively search your message archive for any sms that contains that particular keyword. Now it is gone with IOS 7. Is it just my phone or have any of you guys encountered this. This is one of the most useful features for me on my iPhone and now that is gone. I can do away with the freakin moving wallpaper...but this is inexcusable. :mad:

2. ultraracingph thread starter macrumors newbie

ultraracingph

Hey guys? Anyone else have this issue? Is it just me? Any input would be helpful! Thanks in advance.

3. devman macrumors 65816

devman

works fine for me. try restarting the phone (to restart spotlight daemon). Also check your Spotlight Search settings and make sure Messages is selected.

4. ultraracingph thread starter macrumors newbie

ultraracingph

@devman, Thank you for your reply. Your suggestion actually gave me an idea and I restored my iPhone via iTunes and set it as a new phone. Then I restored my backup data. After doing this the iPhone was able to index all previous messages and the search feature is now working fine. I forgot to mention that my phone is an iPhone 4s updated to iOS 7.02.