Issue with sound after update to iTunes 10.5.0.142

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by misiekmr, Oct 13, 2011.

1. misiekmr macrumors newbie

Hello!

When I'm tryin' to play somethin' in iTunes I hear sound like it hasn't half of bits.
    In Windows Media Player everything is working well.
    It was happened after update to iTunes 10.5.0.142, my system is Windows 7.
    Here movie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5RmyiHkqTGQ

How to solve this problem?
    If my topic is in wrong section please move it to correct, and I'm sorry for this.

I'm so sorry for my bad english and Thank You for help :)!

2. icechunk macrumors newbie

You are better off than me. I lost sound on my MBP completely after the upgrade!!

3. misiekmr thread starter macrumors newbie

I compassion.
    I can't find out how to solve this, probably we must wait when more people will have this same problem.

4. RajputSmurf macrumors newbie

Same problem

I'm on a Win7 64-bit machine and after updating to 10.5.0.142 I now have no sound at all on my machine, iTunes won't play any music, and Windows Media Player throws an error any time I try to play anything through it.

Not good, Apple. Hopefully there will be enough people with similar issues that they'll get it addressed soon.

5. brazzaville macrumors newbie

Sound lost after upgrade to itunes 10.5

Hello people,

Yesterday I did the regular upgrade on demand of itunes, but after this the sound was a robotic sound on all my musicfiles, no sound on the movies anymore, playing in wmp or quicktime plays the soundfiles of itunes perfectly??
    Everything tried, repair itunes, replace etc, nothing seems end to a solution !
    It looks similar to problems other people does have here with the upgrade.
    Please help us?!
    Thanks in advance,
    Brazzaville Luc

6. Fatboy64 macrumors newbie

Sound loss after upgrade to itunes 10.5.0.142

I am also having this issue. It was driving me up the wall until i found your post on this forum, because i thought it was just me.

I narrowed it down a bit as it is only happening on MPEG's, all my AAC files are playing ok.

Like you, if i play the effected MPEG songs through windows media player, they are fine!

The problem is that i have no idea how to fix it! Is anyone aware of a fix for this......PLEASE!!

7. brazzaville macrumors newbie

Still no solution found !?

Hello everyone here,

After some days, the problem is still actual, nobody seems to have a clear answer to this, can someone write apple?
    I am using XP SP2, allways worked well till version 10.5 !?
    HELP !
    Brazzaville Luc

8. misiekmr, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011

misiekmr thread starter macrumors newbie

Solution

!
    I have a solution for this problem :)!
    I uninstalled my old codec pack (K-Lite), and installed the "Combined-Community-Codec-Pack-2011-07-30".
    Now I tunes play everything with good sound ;].
    My system is Windows 7 32bit.
    Enjoy ^^.

Edit:
    Not with all :|, with part of my songs, but other part is still broken ;\.

9. VanS macrumors newbie

iTunes 10.5.0.142 audio fix

I spent a majority of the day yesterday banging my head over this. I thought it was my equipment. Then I noticed that songs that i had Purchased from iTunes worked just fine. Well, sorry iTunes, there is no way that all 5000 of my songs were going to be or will ever be purchased from you. So, basically, I figured out that the common denominator in all of it was the new version of iTunes (10.5.0.142), tried reinstalling etc with no luck. I looked on iTunes to see if I could downgrade to the previous version 10.4.whatever, and couldn't find it there, so I researched and found a site called Old Apps and they had what I needed. Just go on there and do a search for iTunes, and a list of every old version of iTunes will come up.

Anyway, there you will find a listing of every old version of iTunes there is. I just downgraded to 10.4.1 and everything worked fine. One thing though. Before you do this, make sure you back up a copy of your iTunes library! I have a copy of my iPod content on an external hard drive, AND on my computer HD. Because when you try to open with the previous version 10.4 you will get an error message “The file “iTunes Library.itl” cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of iTunes." When you get that message, one way to fix that ONLY IF YOU HAVE A BACK UP OF YOUR CONTENT is to just go into the "My Music" folder and delete everything that says iTunes in My Music except for the separate iPod content file that you backed up previously. (There are also other ways to fix this, just Google "how to fix itunes library.itl cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes")

Then you can open up iTunes, and it will recreate that .itl file in the older version of iTunes. Then all you do is "add folder to library, and select your backed up iPod content, and you should be god to go. A good program I have for backing up my iPod straight to my computer which works really well, and is a lot quicker and easier than just doing it manually is TouchCopy11. My wife bought it back in 09 (when it was touchcopy9) and we still use it. I think there is a free 15 day trial, so that should be enough for you to do a one time iPod rip so you can store it on your computer.

Good Luck!

10. VanS macrumors newbie

I Might Also Add

BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH INSTALLING THE OLDER VERSION OF ITUNES!!!! After you have backed up your iTunes library, you MUST uninstall itunes 10.5 and all of its components, including quicktime.

11. Fatboy64 macrumors newbie

iTunes 10.5.0.142 fix

As per VanS' post, the fix is to download 10.4.1 which you can find at OldApps.com
    You do need to take all iTune related files off your PC first. I did not have to make a copy of my iPod content anywhere however, because I had iTunes reading my liberary from a seperate HD and so once I got 10.4 insalled and open, i was able to just import that liberary without any problem.

I do appear to have lost a lot of art work though, even after it has gone through the process on retrieving it!!??

Small price to pay i guess,to have all of my tracks playing properly again

FB64

12. misiekmr thread starter macrumors newbie

I have just updated to iTunes 10.5.1.42 and all started workin' fine ;).
    Please update and tell if all will be working :).

13. brazzaville macrumors newbie

itunes problems solved

Hello,

Since a new version(s) of itunes (updates), the problems were dissolved. Every mp3 and movie plays correctly, as you have mentioned allready.
    Greetings,
    Br.