Issue with Tapatalk

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Sensamic, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Every time I post a message on a thread using Tapatalk it automatically subscribes me to that thread.

Any way to disable that? I don't seem to find an option for that on settings inside the app.

Anyone using the app have experienced this and know how to turn it off?

Thanks guys.

2. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

you on android? or IOS? as settings are different on IOS

on my samsung go to feed personalization then the forum in question go to subscribed sub forums then click only new discussions

3. Sensamic, Jun 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2016

Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the help!

I'm on Android, an S6. Did as you said but it seems it doesn't work. Whenever I reply I still get automatically subscribes to every thread. It's weird.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Odd

Are there options in push notifications?

5. Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

I have all options inside push notifications disabled except the subforum section, where I have enabled notifications for whenever I get quoted, for example. I don't see any option there that makes me get subscribed whenever I reply on a thread.

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It does the same to me.

7. Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

Have you found a way to disable it?

8. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

seems odd how to disable it as i managed to do it on my S7 edge and my iphone. Granted settings are different on the iphone.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I haven't so far. I am sure there was an option previously - but suspect it may have gone by the wayside with an app update to tapatalk itself.

The only way is to make sure when replying in a thread you don't want to subscribe to is press on the tick option next to the hamburger menu in the thread.

10. Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

Thank you both. I hope this gets fixed in an update. Might try to send the developer an e-mail.

11. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

I think its because MR automatically subscribes you. I just want Tapatalk to honor my ignore list

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Yes this !! It's really annoying.

13. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

got an update today for tapatalk on my iphone so one might be coming for android.

14. MRU, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016

MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

It was only updated a few days back on android. The auto subscribe is likely somethings to do with the new forum infrastructure here when it switched over than Tapatalk itself as the ignore feature used to work prior to the change over. Also I see on XDA in Tapatalk it will ask you after posting whether you wish to subscribe to thread or not after posting.

15. Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

So I guess it will be difficult for this to be fixed? Even if Tapatalk gets updated 100 times the developer would have to fix this issue only in this specific forum, right? Something I guess won't happen anytime soon.

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

There's always a chance, but it's likely some fix that has to be implemented on both sides. As I say the ignore feature has been broken since the forum platform switch and I'm sure there likely is a work around, fix but not sure their is enough demand around here to justify the extra work it may require to solve.

17. Sensamic thread starter macrumors 68030

So we'll have to wait and see. Nothing more we can do. Oh well.