Issue with Terminal in Mac OS X 10.6.8

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mymacisbroken, Mar 11, 2014.

1. mymacisbroken macrumors newbie

Hi, sorry for what is probably a fairly newbish question.

A few months ago, I (foolishly) decided to try my hand at BitCoin mining using a mining command on Terminal. I copied and pasted a command from the internet into terminal which hasn't worked. That is not the problem. The problem is that now, every time I restart my Mac, Terminal opens automatically and continues to run the command. I close terminal manually every time, and if I open it manually the command doesn't run. However when it runs at start up, the RPC mining command runs.
    I suspect it's unrelated, but now my Mac believes that I am not connected to the internet even though I clearly am (I am writing this on said Mac, but can't do software updates, etc.) I also can't connect my phone through iTunes as, although it charges when plugged in, my Mac doesn't recognise my phone.
    Given the timings involved, I do wonder if there is a linkage between the issues with terminal and the internet connectivity issues.
    So... any ideas as to how to stop the command in terminal? Or indeed any ideas as to how I can allow my mac to start working properly again?

Thank you for any help.

2. njharris97 macrumors member

It sounds like the mining command that you used is for use with constant mining, I would go back to the website that you found the commands, and see if there is some sort of an uninstall command.