issue with ThemePark 4.1

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nnikb7, Oct 4, 2010.

1. nnikb7 macrumors newbie

I am running the latest version of osx leopard. i installed themepark 4.1, which worked fine, and then acidentally installed a snow leopard theme using themepark.
    finders window does not open - i click the icon, and it just restarts (the desktop icons and menubar vanish for a second a reappear) same thing happens with files/folders that open in a finder window
    also, any application/file that opens in a window "quits unexpectedly"
    even safari, system prefs, disk utility, terminal, even the themepark app, etc. (ALL apps except itunes, because the theme apparently does not apply to it, as well as menubar apps, unless they open in a window)

Im guessing this is realted to the incompatibility of a snow leopard theme on leopard...

My computer isnt slower or anything - the menubar and alert windows just look odd, as well as the login screen window.

i should add that i tried all the standard procedures: restore from time machine, restore to factory settings from the mac os x dvd/applications install dvd, booting in safe mode- butnothing works for the same reason: not a single window will open.

this is the same on the guest account.

if there is a way for me to just get finder working, im pretty sure i can manage it from there.

it is a small problem that is rendering my computer useless in any way.

thanks in advance for any help

2. omnomman macrumors newbie

I have the exact same problem.

I'm assuming that it is related to the incompatibility of a Snow Leopard theme on a Leopard. Maybe upgrading to Snow Leopard might work.

Since you posted this problem in October, I'm posting this in March, and there's been no other replies, did you ever get this problem fixed? If so, please tell me how.

3. Satsat01 macrumors newbie

Hey,

I have same problem as both of you, except i'm only running Leopard (i bought the cd to upgrade it but it was defective and i gave up), but it's not the point. I have the same problem with the windows that can't open, as well as the finder. I really hope there is something that can be done to fix this !! It would so sad having to leave my mac because of this, the worst being that i can't save any file..
    Sorry for my english and thanks in advance !! You're the only people i've found on the net having the same problem..