issue with updating apps after 2.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mikejd1, Sep 15, 2008.

1. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

I just received a notification that 2 apps are available for updating, however, when i attempt to go and update the apps it says "installed" and it's greyed out. I would normally see the "update" icon correct?

Does anyone else see this issue when updating apps??

2. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I think the App Store isn't synchronized in how all this rolls out. I've seen notice of updates when nothing appears at all. This morning I saw notice of an update on the iPhone that then showed it was already installed, meaning the version number posted didn't match the version number of the update.

In the second case, I looked the application up on iTunes, found notice there that the application had an update, but when I clicked on the application, it was listed as the old version. I downloaded it anyway, and it turned out to be a later version - an update after all.

I think this is all about timing of getting everything caught up. It eventually does get caught up, so long as I stop obsessing about getting the updates the moment they come out.

3. thirdeyeopen666 macrumors 6502

thirdeyeopen666

This just started happening to me this morning. I was able to upgrade from the phone the past few days just fine on 2.1.

4. mBox macrumors 68020

this has been going on since the 3G arrived in Canada :p In the past Id delete all the suspect apps (the ones I cant seem to update) then re-sync. Ive since given up and its still a problem in 2.1. Well at least the apps dont crash but Im annoyed with the red circle on my App Store icon :p Someone have a fix for this please :)