Issue with VoltaicHD and Canon HF100 cant convert vids

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by clyparkr, Aug 1, 2008.

1. clyparkr macrumors newbie

So I have been using VoltaicHD for a few weeks now and so far it has been working great to convert my Canon HF100 vids to .Mov files.

However I finally shot some footage that was about a half an hr long. The canon camera automatically splits the .mts files into 2 gig separate files.

I was told I need to combine these files to have Voltaic convert them.

However when I try and do this I get a message saying that it failed to convert them.

I have tried combining the files using a Filejoiner app as well as using the software that cam with the camera on my work PC which ripped the combined files to a .m2ts file.

I'm hoping someone on here has come across this issue and found a way around it.

I'm working with a G5 iMac powerpc running OS 10.4.11

Thanks

2. jimterry macrumors newbie

AVCHD files

Did you figure out how to get your video files off your camera? I am having an issue retrieving my raw files off the camera for storage. I cannot see to see them when I plug the camera into the mac. Did you have to use a card reader?

3. clyparkr thread starter macrumors newbie

Yea I have no issues now. Earlier in the year I upgraded to a new intel mac mini and im able to transfer and edit my files on my mac without any issue.

Yes I am using a card reader to transfer the files for backup purposes.

The only thing I have noticed is that inorder for me to get my clips into iMovie I have to have shot the files on the camera... turn on the camera, connect the camera to the mac, startup iMovie for it to recognize the clips and transfer them to .mov.

Let me know if you have any other questions