Issue with WiFi Calling, but only at work

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by davehutch, Jun 1, 2016.

1. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Hi all, I'm with EE in the UK and I usually leave WiFi Calling switched on due to the low signal I have at home.
    When I go to work, its all still enabled but I find that when I receive a call, I can't hear the far end.
    We have an "Aruba" WiFi system at work with multiple APs. At home it's a single Vigin SuperHub and is always fine.
    Anyone else have an issue with a commercial wireless system?
    Thanks.

2. Primus84 macrumors 6502

What filtering and firewall are you running at work?

3. davehutch thread starter macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Couldn't tell you I'm afraid. I don't work in IT

4. Primus84 macrumors 6502

Then you're unfortunately unlikely to be able to get to the bottom of this without involving your IT people.

5. davehutch thread starter macrumors 6502a

davehutch

I can definitely involve them. I have a call placed on their Helpdesk at the moment. But they might need a nudge in the right direction. Shall I mention the firewall and filtering to them? It's just that the issue only occurs on the first call I receive. After that it works fine.

6. Primus84 macrumors 6502

You'd need to monitor the filtering and firewall whilst placing a call to see what was happening. They may not want the hassle as it's unlikely to just be 5 minutes work and done.

7. gwhizkids macrumors 68020

gwhizkids

I have also been having this issue. Mine works the other way, though: I can hear them but they can't hear me. I just attributed it to a weak signal.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Apple's site says WiFi Calling uses UDP 500 and 4500 ports. You may want your IT folks to check if traffic in/out is enabled on that port.