Issues after HD & RAM upgrade Mac mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by EddieMo71, Aug 26, 2015.

1. EddieMo71 macrumors newbie

EddieMo71

Hi all,
    So it's now 5 am and I'm ready to pull my hair out, so instead I came here for some advice. Here's my dilemma, my late 2009 Mac mini's HD gave up the ghost a few weeks ago, after doing the research, I decided to get a new Crucial SSD and upgrade the ram from 2 to 8. Everything went smooth as glass during the installation, rebooted from the original system disk, then upgraded to OSX Yosemite. So far so good, everything was looking like it was functioning as it was supposed to, then I noticed 2 things, first, upon restarting the system, I didn't hear the start up chime, I checked the sound preferences and no sound devices were detected, not the built in speakers, not the external speakers, not my earbuds, no sound, nothing nada zilch. The second thing I noticed, after installing Adobe Flash, was that YouTube videos were playing fine, but trying to watch video on other sites, like TV stations and movie hosting websites wasn't working at all. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it (multiple times) with the only difference being that when I first started there was nothing on the screen, then after a few reinstalls the video would start to buffer but not play, it just sticks at the opening scene and won't go anymore then that. I've done everything I could think of or google

2. EddieMo71 thread starter macrumors newbie

EddieMo71

Sorry must have hit the wrong button,,,, I've checked to make sure Safai prefs were set properly, checked and repaired permissions, checked to make sure firmware is up to date, reset pram, installed VLC, made sure QuickTime is up to date etc, etc, etc, and nothing, I've gotten no further then when I started yesterday. Please help, I've only got so much hair left!