Issues have gotten worse.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thatmacguybv, Feb 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thatmacguybv macrumors member

I posted about my issue with my computer earlier but now on top of everything else, the battery is completely spent and won't hold a single charge at all. I reset the SMC and still get "Condition: Replace Now". I spoke to Apple today and was lucky enough to speak to one of the relations managers. He told me he would email the Executive Relations advisors as well as the boss of the advisor in order to express my wish to have a new advisor assigned to my case. Just spoke to a woman within the ER team and "Apple's answer still remains the same." This is completely ridiculous. Any advice would be great.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If the condition is "Replace Now", you should have your battery replaced. Simple! Batteries die. If it's defective and you're still covered by warranty or AppleCare, they'll replace it free. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I read through your old post, but I didn't see where you mentioned any specific info about your MBP. Is it or is it not under warranty?

4. /user/me macrumors 6502

That's what I just got done doing. It doesn't look like anything was mentioned. My thought is that OP's computer is out of warranty, but he doesn't want to pay for the repairs, rather, wants :apple: to pay for the maintenance of their machine.

5. thatmacguybv thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, I didn't realize I left out my warranty information.. Your assumption however, is false. The computer is being serviced under it's warranty. The warranty expired approximately 2 or 3 weeks after the initial (failed) repair was done. The repair adds another 90 days to the warranty. At this point, my issue is that I have had the computer sent halfway across the country, only to have the same issues persist. Plus sending it to a store location for repair, only to have new issues arise and then some. On top of that, the Executive Relations staff is as cold as Antarctic ice.

6. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

This is unusual for AC. I think when you have a new representative assigned to your case things should improve. The battery will need to be replaced for certain.

7. thatmacguybv thread starter macrumors member

I hope so. They are giving me a hard time giving me a new representative. I've already gone through 2 repairs plus bringing it in for what was promised to be a quick in store repair. Ended up sending me home because they needed to order more parts.. Again.

8. oLNutjob macrumors member

oLNutjob

Overall, apple is getting a lot more difficult to deal with.

A few years ago, two botched repairs from their Tennessee facility, landed me a new MacBook. My local apple store is stocked with a stone cold, horrible and unfriendly Genius Bar.

9. Ccrew macrumors 68020

I'm thinking we're only getting one side of the story here. I've seldom heard of Apple being so steadfast unless they're dealing with a tinfoil hat customer.

10. thatmacguybv thread starter macrumors member

I am not really interested in your opinion. I've represented the entire story.. Unchanged, and only minor details being left out. Those minor details being added would actually add to my point, but I've given all the important facts. If you don't have any issues sitting through months of repairs, I implore you, trade machines with me.

11. iMacC2D macrumors 6502a

You'd be surprised. For every case that should have been covered and does end up covered, there's an equal amount that get rejected. Usually pursuing the issue further or seeking alternative channels within Apple can get it resolved. In reality they're no different from any other large business with a call center. As far as support agents go, you occasionally get the bad ones and you occasionally get the good ones.

12. techfest macrumors member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.