Issues jailbreaking iphone 3gs 4.3.2 with redsnow

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eacron, May 3, 2011.

1. eacron macrumors newbie

Hi,

so the problem is that after I do the the home button power button thing it jailbreaks but it always hangs with a white screen when it tries to reboot. I tried to but it in the whatever mode before I actually do the jailbreaking and the same exact thing happens - it says waiting for reboot and then the screen goes white I get an error and then nothing happens. I've been attempting this for a couple of weeks now with no success first when I was in 4.3.1 and now on 4.3.2. I've checked all over and though it seems people had similar problems I couldn't find a solution. I'm on a mac book pro. Anyone help please.

Thanks,
    Eli

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. eacron thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

That would be a little difficult for me- I only have the one and I dont think anyone would lend me their computer for a jailbreak- people are paranoid. Do you really think my MBP is the problem?

4. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Have you tried deleting redsn0w and downloading it again? maybe it's the file. I had a similar problem and replacing the .exe file fixed it for me.

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Three things to try

Right click and run as administrator.

Compatibility mode, try xp sp3

Cpu affinity to 0 - may not be necessary

Mine was locking up on the updating image step but one of the first two fixed it.

6. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Oh sorry, i see you are on a mac so i do t know.

7. eacron, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

eacron thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I've tried that several times. I also tried first when the jailbreak was for 4.3.1 and the tried it again when they updated redsnow to jailbreak 4.3.2 (after I updated my device to 4.3.2 of course). I also tried using the iphone firmware stored in my itunes folder and also downloading the firmware from the dv-team link. Same results with every time. Weird!!!

Another thing I should mention was that although my model number indicated I was on the old boot rom as opposed to the fixed I got an error message saying that I was indeed on the fixed boot rom. I restored my device and tried it again using the fix boot rom option. Since then I haven't received that error message but instead what I mentioned above happens. Could this be my problem?