Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

eacron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2010
Hi,

so the problem is that after I do the the home button power button thing it jailbreaks but it always hangs with a white screen when it tries to reboot. I tried to but it in the whatever mode before I actually do the jailbreaking and the same exact thing happens - it says waiting for reboot and then the screen goes white I get an error and then nothing happens. I've been attempting this for a couple of weeks now with no success first when I was in 4.3.1 and now on 4.3.2. I've checked all over and though it seems people had similar problems I couldn't find a solution. I'm on a mac book pro. Anyone help please.

Thanks,
Eli

eacron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

That would be a little difficult for me- I only have the one and I dont think anyone would lend me their computer for a jailbreak- people are paranoid. Do you really think my MBP is the problem?

noekozz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
212/201
Have you tried deleting redsn0w and downloading it again? maybe it's the file. I had a similar problem and replacing the .exe file fixed it for me.

MaxBurn

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2010
Three things to try

Right click and run as administrator.

Compatibility mode, try xp sp3

Cpu affinity to 0 - may not be necessary

Mine was locking up on the updating image step but one of the first two fixed it.

eacron

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2010
Have you tried deleting redsn0w and downloading it again? maybe it's the file. I had a similar problem and replacing the .exe file fixed it for me.

Yes I've tried that several times. I also tried first when the jailbreak was for 4.3.1 and the tried it again when they updated redsnow to jailbreak 4.3.2 (after I updated my device to 4.3.2 of course). I also tried using the iphone firmware stored in my itunes folder and also downloading the firmware from the dv-team link. Same results with every time. Weird!!!

Another thing I should mention was that although my model number indicated I was on the old boot rom as opposed to the fixed I got an error message saying that I was indeed on the fixed boot rom. I restored my device and tried it again using the fix boot rom option. Since then I haven't received that error message but instead what I mentioned above happens. Could this be my problem?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.