issues, lotta issues

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nickmybabe, Apr 20, 2010.

1. nickmybabe macrumors newbie

my 2G 16Gb ipod was fine and all last year, the thing is I haven't noticed much and not really care about the playcount as I thought it was some kinda smart play count for some of my favorite new songs that I've listen more often than the old ones... But hell no, once I listen to a song, its playcount jumps like hundreds.

Another thing is that the date modified is blank for some songs, I have no idea how to fix it, try to delete and put those songs back in, some are fine, but other songs' date modified will get blank???

Smart Playlist isn;t working for me as well, the Recently added songs appears to be modified, and trust me, I've checked and checked the category, it says date added not date modified in the smart playlist, and the same thing happens to the top songs (most often played) songs as well, no matter how I set or edit the smart playlist, it seems they all appear the same as the Date modified thingy...

Those are the issues happen to my ipod touch... iTunes is fine, and while I'm syncing, the smart playlist in iTunes and on my touch is not the same.... what's wrong with this???

oh, and one more thing, the syncing progress is wait too long these days, it even makes my pc or itunes freeze for a while....

Anyone knows how to fix all of them? Please help me! I love ipods

2. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...if your iPod is backed up, reset and restore it to original then try reloading it...

3. nickmybabe thread starter macrumors newbie

is there any other way??? as I know, backing up only works for data and apps, not music. I got a bunch of music that not on my iTunes anymore

4. Matty-p macrumors regular

if it there stuff not on your itunes anymore but on your ipod what hapens when you sync dosen't itunes delete the stuff thats not on itunes anyway

5. nickmybabe thread starter macrumors newbie

hey, Matty, well, you can manually manage your music and videos and all... just click on the manually manage music and videos....

And now, one more problem with this ipod... I went to sleep last night, leaving my ipod charging... it was normal and all. But when I got up this morning, a message appears in iTunes saying my ipod cannot sync and whatever error... So, I try to disconnect and connect it again, and now all my music and videos are gone... Other is now 8.72Gb, music and video... it's now sync podcasts... what the hell was wrong with it??? anyone knows???

Attached Files:

6. celticpride678

So, why don't you sync the music onto iTunes and then restore?:confused:

7. nickmybabe thread starter macrumors newbie

What can I do to sync music back to iTunes? it's ipod touch 2G

I am now restoring, and as I know, all will gone including music, notes, saved games, data and all... I am frustrated right now.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again in the future???

8. bluskale macrumors regular

you can use a program to pull your music off the ipod, I'm sure... just look around

9. nickmybabe thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks for all your opinions... I really appreciate it... but the problem here is that the music and videos went to Other category... :mad::mad::mad: