Issues playing rented movies

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sab46, Feb 11, 2009.

1. sab46 macrumors newbie

Has anyone else had issues playing rented movies on their Apple TV?
    I've rented ~3 movies and each one has had the same issue. Once its downloaded enough to start playing, I get the popup that says I can start it. Once I start the movie, all I get is a gray screen and no sound. I can exit out and try again with the same result. Fast forwarding/rewinding doesn't do anything.
    The only fix I've found it to reboot the atv by unplugging it. Once it boots up, the download resumes and I can play the movie w/o any more issues.
    I've only tried HD rentals so I don't know if I would have the same problem with SD movies.

Besides this, I have no issue with my atv. Anyone else seen this or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

2. pjarvi macrumors 65816

pjarvi

This happens to me about once every 2-3 weeks. Restarting the AppleTV is the only fix I know of. You can restart the AppleTV by pressing Menu+Down on the remote for 5+ seconds until you see the light turn amber, it will prompt for desired language and then present a screen where you can select to restart the device. This is the single biggest bug that annoys me with the current version of software.