Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheFinale

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2008
So far my mac have been great. But I'm encountering some issues with it.
Please help me if any of you guys have a solution to it...

1. Windows XP frequently hang for no apparent reason. Like on desktop it just hang.

2. In Mac OS X, my clock at times seems to be off. I set to or not to according to timezone, it seems when i log on... is like way off the current time.

3. I set my trackpad settings to tap to click but sometimes it does not respond and i have to go to system preferences to reset the check box in order for it to work again.

Are you guys having any of these issues ? Damn, thought my mbp was perfect. glitches :(

hit2cho

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
Los Angeles
So far my mac have been great. But I'm encountering some issues with it.
Please help me if any of you guys have a solution to it...

1. Windows XP frequently hang for no apparent reason. Like on desktop it just hang.

2. In Mac OS X, my clock at times seems to be off. I set to or not to according to timezone, it seems when i log on... is like way off the current time.

3. I set my trackpad settings to tap to click but sometimes it does not respond and i have to go to system preferences to reset the check box in order for it to work again.

Are you guys having any of these issues ? Damn, thought my mbp was perfect. glitches :(

1-are you using boot camp? or are you using vmware or parallels? if boot camp, you shouldn't have any problems unless you partitioned wrong.
2-my clock is sometimes off. but that is because i made some changes and made my menu bar black. when i had it normal, i didn't encounter any issues with the time.
3-i have my trackpad in tap to click also, and i never have problems with it. have you gotten the apple update for trackpads? once you update, that should resolve the issue. hit apple>software update, and one of them should be an update for the trackpad. if it's not there and you don't recall installing it, search it in apple's website. if you have installed it and are still encountering these issues, phone apple asap.

masse

macrumors 6502a
May 4, 2007
MA/GA
No trackpad problems since the update...

Mine fails to spit cd's out when I eject though because the slot is too tight...i have to turn it sideways and grab the tip and pull. (HA).

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
In response to #2, OS X and Windows handles time differently. Windows take the time in the CMOS clock and adds or subtracts the time zone from it while OS X just takes that time as the local time.

So when you switch from Windows to Mac and back the time gets changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.