Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnfab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
NorthEast IN
These are little but annoying

Cant customize my dock icons??
One of my mail accounts is not working at all?
Battery life cut way down?

Anyone else having the same problems? any easy fixers>

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
Sorry, can't help... I must be living in Bizarro world.

With Leopard I had tons of issues that everyone else denied ever having.
With SL I'm having none of the issues everyone else is having.

It installed without a glitch, it runs without a single glitch, all my apps appear to be compatible except LCC, battery life is excellent, no crazy fan noise, no performance issues, no network issues, no graphical glitches... what can I say, I finally have a working Mac OS X. I can finally auto-mount my NAS drives via Login Items without getting runaway CPU usage. My NAS drives finally show up automatically in Finder without having to disable the firewall. And to top it off I finally have a working Boot Camp with proper Windows 7 drivers and HFS access.

macnfab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
NorthEast IN
I haven't had any major issues but the little things bug me.. I am a serious perfectionist.. who loves to swap icons and can't so annoyed!!!

I also sent a few apps to my mom through iChat that wouldn't open after download.. worked perfectly before the upgrade. :confused:

macnfab

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 5, 2009
NorthEast IN
I fixed the icon thing! :D:D:D

and redid the mail account that wasn't working!
Hoping the battery life will work itself out!!!!:apple:

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
Sorry, can't help... I must be living in Bizarro world.

With Leopard I had tons of issues that everyone else denied ever having.
With SL I'm having none of the issues a small number of vocal Macrumors members everyone else is having.

Fixed.

snakesqzns

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2007
1) System is slower. Especially when I have an opengl app running (WoW, Blender). With a windowed opengl app, other apps are really slow. Safari freezing with the beachball, crashing.

2) The fan in my MBP has been kicking on much more often than it ever did with Leopard.

3) Battery life not as good as before.

I wonder... maybe OpenCL is in use and taxing the video card more? Maybe there a way to disable it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.